* How to convert a string to Org parsed tree
@ 2013-07-28 10:18 Yujie Wen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Yujie Wen @ 2013-07-28 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org Mode

  I am working on the org-reveal exporter and I need to convert a string
get from org-element-property into HTML format. The property string have
some Org-mode markups that need to be converted to relevant HTML labels.
For example, a string of "/italic/" to "<i>italic</i>"

  Is there any existing Org-mode functions can help me to achieve this kind
of functionality?

Regards,
Yujie

* Re: How to convert a string to Org parsed tree
@ 2013-07-28 10:43 ` Robert Klein
From: Robert Klein @ 2013-07-28 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 07/28/2013 12:18 PM, Yujie Wen wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I am working on the org-reveal exporter and I need to convert a string
> get from org-element-property into HTML format. The property string have
> some Org-mode markups that need to be converted to relevant HTML labels.
> For example, a string of "/italic/" to "<i>italic</i>"
>
>   Is there any existing Org-mode functions can help me to achieve this
> kind of functionality?
>
> Regards,
> Yujie

Hi Yujie,

how about applying the exporter to the string, e.g. something like

(with-temp-buffer
  (insert (plist-get plist yout-property-string))
  (org-html-export-as-html nil nil nil t new-plist)
  (buffer-string))

(didn't test, just typed this into the mail)

Best regards
Robert

* Re: How to convert a string to Org parsed tree
@ 2013-07-28 11:07 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-07-28 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yujie Wen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org Mode

Hello,

Yujie Wen <yjwen.ty@gmail.com> writes:

>   I am working on the org-reveal exporter and I need to convert a string
> get from org-element-property into HTML format. The property string have
> some Org-mode markups that need to be converted to relevant HTML labels.
> For example, a string of "/italic/" to "<i>italic</i>"
>
>   Is there any existing Org-mode functions can help me to achieve this kind
> of functionality?

For interactive functions, you can use `org-export-string-as'. E.g.,

  (org-export-string-as "/italic/" 'html 'body-only)

If you don't want the surronding paragraph, you can use the same
function with an anonymous export back-end derived from HTML:

  (org-export-string-as "/italic/"
                      (org-export-create-backend
                       :parent 'html
                       :transcoders '((paragraph . (lambda (e c i) c))))
                      'body-only)

But, from within an export back-end, there are probably other ways that
will not require to collect export options again. E.g,

  (org-export-data-with-backend
   (org-element-parse-secondary-string
    "/italic/" org-element-all-successors)
   'html info)

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: How to convert a string to Org parsed tree
@ 2013-07-28 12:17 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2013-07-28 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Yujie Wen <yjwen.ty@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
>   I am working on the org-reveal exporter and I need to convert a
> string get from org-element-property into HTML format. The property
> string have some Org-mode markups that need to be converted to
> relevant HTML labels. For example, a string of "/italic/" to "<i>
> italic</i>"
>
>   Is there any existing Org-mode functions can help me to achieve
> this kind of functionality?
>
> Regards,
> Yujie

Try out `org-export-string-as', that will probably do what you want...

* Re: How to convert a string to Org parsed tree
@ 2013-07-28 14:16   ` Yujie Wen
From: Yujie Wen @ 2013-07-28 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org Mode