Hi, Jambunathan and Nick Yes, I prefer the separated org files be exported to several HTMLs, but with continuous heading numbering. Not that re-including them and export into one HTML. :) Thanks for your suggestions. Yujie 2013/11/21 Nick Dokos > Yujie Wen writes: > > > I am wondering whether it is possible to define the starting number > > of headings when exporting org-mode files. > > > > The problem is that, I had a long Org file that I want to separate > > it into several small ones, each will be exported to a HTML file. But > > if so, every exported HTML will have the headings numbered from 1, > > while I prefer the headings be numbered as if they are exported from > > one file, to show the continuation of contents. > > > > If you split the big org file into small ones, you can use #+INCLUDE to > put things back together. It does not do quite what you want - it'll > produce a single HTML file on export - but I for one don't really care > what the HTML file looks like, as long as I can edit convenienttly. > > -- > Nick > > >