On Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 6:22 PM Tim Cross wrote: > > Tim Visher writes: > > > Hi Juan Manuel, > > > > On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 2:31 PM Juan Manuel MacĂ­as < > maciaschain@posteo.net> wrote: > > > > Try setting this variable to non-nil: > > > > (setq org-export-with-broken-links t) > > > > Thanks for the tip here! This is definitely close to what I want. I > think I'm going to need to code up something additional though in that none > of the > > default options (mark or ignore) are really the behavior that I want. > > > > - mark: I don't like the way the text comes out here. I don't want to > have BROKEN LINK in the exported text at all. > > - ignore: I don't like how the text of the link simply disappears in > this case. > > > > What I really want is something that keeps the link text but drops the > link, essentially converting it into plain text (or stylized text if the > link text is in > > markup). > > > > I'll have to play around with how to do that. > > Although I've never used them, I think export filters sound like they > might be what you want. Have a look at the Advanced Export configuration > section of the manual and how to define export filters. You should be > able to define an org-export-filter-link-function that will tranform > links into just the title text from the original link. > Thanks, Tim! I'll check them out. I hadn't heard of them before.