On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 6:48 PM Dwarshuis, Nathan J wrote: > I recently authored an package called "om.el" which is a functional > org-mode API akin to dash.el primarily using org-element. Briefly, it > provides a library of (mostly) pure functions that manipulate the parse > tree generated by org-element.el, and uses this to either edit or query the > buffer with all the advantages of functional programming (eg lack of side > effects, referential transparency, easier testing, etc). The github repo > for om.el is here: https://github.com/ndwarshuis/om.el. > > I'm posting to the mailing list a) for general feedback on this package > and b) because I am wondering if this would be a good package to include > with org-mode itself rather than in another repository such as MELPA. The > code for om.el is tightly integrated with org-element.el and it might make > sense for development between these to be closely intertwined. > > There is also an open submission for this to MELPA and the discussion is > here: https://github.com/melpa/melpa/pull/6623. > Oooo this looks cool. I have a simmering project to have an Evernote like system built on top of org mode and a set of directories where I've done a lot of work like this. I'll have to see if I can work this into that and if I can I'll be sure to open up issues/try to contribute patches etc.