On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 9:44 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote: > On Thursday, 31 Aug 2017 at 07:55, Tim Visher wrote: > > I would like to track the time I created a tree and the last time it was > > edited, like ctime and mtime on a filesystem. Is that possible to have > > happen automatically? > > I don't know of any org mechanism for handling this, especially the > modified time element. However, I would suggest you consider using a > revision control system (mercurial, git) which would allow even finer > tracking than this... > Thanks for the suggestion. It doesn't really meet my needs here in that I'm really looking for org to behave more like a filesystem, not something that I have to manually commit changes to. If this doesn't already exist, does org already provide hooks or something that I can plug in to? I would assume a heading-created and heading-modified hook of some kind would allow me to implement my own solution fairly cleanly.