On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 6:58 PM Tim Visher wrote: > On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 11:10 PM Kyle Meyer wrote: > >> Tim Visher writes: >> >> > Nice! I don't know enough about `org-export` but FWIW the use case I >> have >> > is not to have an explicit `title` property but instead just the default >> > title of the heading contents. I assume that's all handled >> transparently by >> > the `(plist-get …` section. >> > >> > Do you have any idea the timeline for getting that patch merged? >> >> It's been applied to master (f4b9f9808). Please report back if you >> still encounter the problem in your use case. >> > > Unfortunately, the title now is essentially the exact text of the org > heading, which is awkward in terms of readability for a general audience > (and probably for SEO etc.). I know I said in my original message that I > think stripping all the markup characters would be going too far but now I > think I've come full circle and rendering the title as nothing but the > plain text without any markup information feels like the right solution > given what the title is supposed to convey. > > So, would we be willing to accept a patch to that effect? :) > Ping again on this. Any interest in a patch that would transform the heading into only plaintext without any markup characters for use in the element?