The edit option comes only for the content of the headings. We can't edit the headings and the subheadings of the headings. So the source code has to be modified to make the org-mode document editable as HTML where we can edit the Headings and subheadings. The edit button appears only for the content of the subheadings or headings of the document. So we have to modify the org-ehtml to inculcate this feature. thanks Nitin Agarwal On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 8:35 PM, Simon Thum wrote: > On 10/28/2012 04:19 PM, Eric Schulte wrote: > >> Yes, the content of the edit boxes does come from the exported html. >> For each portion of the Org-mode document (as delimited by >> org-elements), both the raw Org-mode text and the HTML are exported >> side-by-side, then the raw Org-mode text is hidden and the HTML is >> displayed, until the [edit] button is pushed at which point JavaScript >> is used to hide the HTML and to expose the raw Org-mode text in an edit >> box. When edits are committed they are committed one portion (edit-box) >> at a time. >> >> Does this make sense? >> >> Why would something need to change for "this" to be reliable? >> > No, that sounds correct in principle. But my whitespace got eaten > nonetheless ;( > > I'll be investigating further. > > Cheers, > > Simon > > > -- *Nitin Agarwal* Computer Science and Engineering Student International Institute of Information Technology Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500 032 Andhra Pradesh, India Phone : +91-9573572831 E-mail: nitinagarwal3006@gmail.com *nitin.agarwal@students.iiit.ac.in*