Forwarding to list, forgot to when replying ---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Jonathan Leech-Pepin Date: Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 4:54 PM Subject: Re: Export to Texinfo To: Bastien Hi Bastien On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Bastien wrote: > Hi Jonathan, > > Jonathan Leech-Pepin writes: > >> I've done some further work on the org-e-texinfo exporter and have >> gotten it to a point where it should be usable with only a few >> shortcomings. > > thanks *a lot* for this! This is long-time wish from many org-ers, > no doubt you will have many testers. > > Do you want to continue to develop while adding the library to > contrib/lisp/? > Yes, that would be great. > One problem with the version you sent: > > (org-export-first-sibling-p headline) > (org-export-last-sibling-p headline) > > should be > > (org-export-first-sibling-p headline info) > (org-export-last-sibling-p headline info) > > With this change I can export files correctly. I'd caught that just after attaching the files the last time (I'd been working with a slightly out of date copy so that change to org-export-first-sibling-p hadn't affected me). I'd updated it in my working copy but hadn't added the changes in my next email to the list. The attached version fixes that and supports @ftable and @vtable through #+attr_texinfo before descriptive lists. (It can also be found at : https://github.com/jleechpe/org-mode/blob/texinfo/contrib/lisp/org-e-texinfo.el ) > > Another thingy: headlines from level 4 are converted to lists, > right? I'm fine with this, as long as the list is not collapsed > with a previous one. See the .org and .texi files attached. > It's able to export up to level 4 headlines (chapter, section, subsection, subsubsection), however the default is H:3 so the last is omitted. Nested lists do work with only a small issue I can see at the moment, if there are no blank lines between the items in org there are none in the info file either, however there are 2 blank lines at the end of the nested list (end of nested list+end of parent item). When I export the attached .org file the only difference I get from your .texi is the AUTHOR and the chapter/sections are numbered rather than unnumbered (and the level 4 headline is an enumerate rather than an itemize). > Thanks again for this great contribution! > You're welcome > > -- > Bastien > Regards, -- Jon