* [Beamer] Combining blocks, columns, and column(s) options
@ 2015-03-23 20:12 Matthew Gidden
From: Matthew Gidden @ 2015-03-23 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi everyone,

I've found a number of references to the problem of aligning columns,
especially using the block environment [1, 2, 3]. Specifically, I would
like to supply option arguments to either the `columns` or `column` latex
environment directive. As written, it appears that only the `block`
environment can be supplied options. I have also tried the BEAMER_envarg
suggestion on the website <http://orgmode.org/manual/Beamer-export.html> to
no avail.

To clarify, I would like to inject an option `[t]` such that a .org file
that looks like
```
*** Foo

**** Bar
:PROPERTIES:
:BEAMER_col: 0.45
:BEAMER_env: block
:END:
foo

**** Baz
:PROPERTIES:
:BEAMER_col: 0.45
:BEAMER_env: block
:END:
foo
```

gets translated into tex that looks like
```
\begin{frame}[label=sec-x-y-z]{Foo}
\begin{columns}*[t]*
\begin{column}{0.45\columnwidth}
\begin{block}{Bar}
foo
\end{block}
\end{column}

\begin{column}{0.45\columnwidth}
\begin{block}{Baz}
foo
\end{block}
\end{column}
\end{columns}
\end{frame}
```

Note that an alternative of placing `[t]` after each `column` environment
would also work.

Has anyone gotten these environments to work nicely together?

Cheers,
Matt

[1] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/67508
[2] http://osdir.com/ml/emacs-orgmode-gnu/2009-12/msg00238.html