* Dynamic block match fails on checkbox columns
@ 2022-02-14  7:19 Daniel J. Sinder
From: Daniel J. Sinder @ 2022-02-14  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm trying to use a dynamic block with :match to filter columnview for a
checkbox column.  However, the match is failing.   Based on some variations
that do work (described below the example), it seems the closing square
bracket may be the problem.

Here's a minimal example:
* Things
  :PROPERTIES:
  :COLUMNS:  %20ITEM %CHKBOX{X/}
  :ID:       Things
  :CHKBOX_ALL: "[ ]" "[X]"
  :END:
*** One Thing
    :PROPERTIES:
    :CHKBOX:   [X]
    :END:
*** Another Thing
    :PROPERTIES:
    :CHKBOX:   [ ]
    :END:

* Dynamic Block
  #+BEGIN: columnview :id Things :match "CHKBOX=\"[X]\""
  | ITEM | CHKBOX |
  |------+--------|
  #+END:

If I use curly braces for CHKBOX_ALL (i.e., "{ }" "{X}") instead of square
braces, it works fine (of course, I have to also use :match
"CHKBOX=\"{X}\"").  But then the SUMMARY-TYPE in the COLUMNS definition
doesn't work.  The match (but not the summary) also works if I remove just
the *closing *square bracket from the CHKBOX properties and the :match
string.  FWIW, the match also fails for the case of searching for unchecked
items (i.e., :match "CHKBOX=\"[ ]\"").

Emacs version:  27.2
Org version: 9.4.4

Dan