Ruijie Yu writes: > Great idea! Some inline comments below. > > You only need to say #'expand-file-name instead of the quoted lambda. > Also, you need to set the variable, otherwise the variable > `org-babel-tangle-sync-files' is undefined. > > What I have in mind is this: > :set (lambda (var val) (set var (mapcar #'expand-file-name val))) > > Here you don't have to use `progn' because it is implied from `save-excursion'. > Thanks! I've made your changes, and I've also incorporated John Wiegley's comments about using "import" instead of "pull" as a tangle-sync action word (small diff attached). I've also written up my changes in the ~etc/ORG-NEWS~ and targeted my custom variable for the 9.7 release (diff attached). > Is there possibility to have a local minor mode (without introducing too > much code changes)? I initially tried it this way, but the problem is that an org source block buffer might be in sync-mode, but it's corresponding tangle file might not be, making any changes asymmetric. Another issue is in order to see the changes in the tangled file, the tangle buffer needs to be reverted (with user prompt) which then switches off the sync-mode for that buffer on reload. One way around this (and it's something I implemented 3 years ago in my messy org-tanglesync[0] MELPA code) is to set an explicit list of "sync files", and then for Emacs to parse every =:tangle= header in a given file when loaded (via =org-src-mode-hook=) to create an alist of config files and their associated tangled files[1], such as =((file1.conf . (tanglefile1.txt tanglefile2.txt etc)))=. Then, for example, when ~tanglefile1.txt~ is loaded, Emacs knows that it should load the sync-mode too. This approach works reasonably well when the "sync files" list is mandatory, but it's also prone to errors if a sync file is edited and the alist of config files isn't updated, and the user would also lose the flexibility of having ~ob-tangle-sync~ function everywhere. I think a global minor mode is really elegant in this regard and I wish I knew about it 3 years ago! Best, Mehmet 0: https://gitlab.com/mtekman/org-tanglesync.el 1: https://gitlab.com/mtekman/org-tanglesync.el/-/blob/master/org-tanglesync.el#L400-L410