Hello Ihor Radchenko writes: > > > Mehmet Tekman writes: > > Question: What is the order of submission of patches? > > > > Do I submit a testing patch first which works strictly with > > vanilla Org first, and then a new merge-params function, and > > then yet another testing patch that is compliant with the > > new merge-params function? > > > > Or do I submit the new merge-params function, and then my > > testing patch on top? > > Either way is fine. The latter should be easier for you though. I went with the former way. I just want to get a set of standardized tests into org-mode that I can base a future branch on to really see what is working and what is not. > Also, see the attached modified version of your diff - I made it so > that `should' failures immediately provide some clue about expected > result value, that can help to identify which of the should clauses > fails. I've adapted this to write a git patch which currently passes with upstream/main, and contains a few `should-not` statements which are planned to be `should` statements after the merge function has been patched for the `:tangle' multi-parameter property. Best, Mehmet