That's starting to sound pretty good. It might make sense to fix up inserted "file:" links that are under the attachment directory to be "attachment:" style links by default anyway, no? Then just being able to set the working directory to the attachment directory easily would get the rest of the way there. So I suppose that would then mean having the :dir header accept the symbol `attach' or something like that? I'll play around and see what that looks like. On Thu, Sep 2, 2021 at 8:09 PM Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Greg Minshall writes: > > > i can imagine wanting to have input files and > > output files in separate directories. (for ease in "make clean", if for > > no other conceptual reason.) (but, probably i don't understand.) > > Makes sense. Currently, there is :dir header arg to set working > directory (aka input files directory). Maybe we can introduce something > like :results-dir header arg to set the output directory? It's value can > be a directory path or symbol 'attach. > > `:results file :results-dir 'attach` will be equivalent of > `:results file attach` in the patch proposed by Ryan Scott. > > WDYT? > > Best, > Ihor >