* evil-mode ' / ' only searches visible
@ 2023-01-20  9:59 Michael Maurer
From: Michael Maurer @ 2023-01-20  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

I don't know if it's something I pressed, or something that's happened
after an update, but when I search in evil-mode using /, it now only
searches headlines and everything visible. It no longer auto-expands.
Isearch works just fine. Not sure where I should ask this, probably
evil-mode mailing list, but maybe someone here has had a similar
experience.

* Re: evil-mode ' / ' only searches visible
@ 2023-01-20 10:07 ` Michael Maurer
From: Michael Maurer @ 2023-01-20 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 at 10:59, Michael Maurer <maurer.michael@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know if it's something I pressed, or something that's happened
> after an update, but when I search in evil-mode using /, it now only
> searches headlines and everything visible. It no longer auto-expands.
> Isearch works just fine. Not sure where I should ask this, probably
> evil-mode mailing list, but maybe someone here has had a similar
> experience.

Some more googling made me realize this is an ongoing issue with evil. Ah well.

* Re: evil-mode ' / ' only searches visible
@ 2023-01-20 10:34   ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2023-01-20 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Maurer; +Cc: Org Mode List

On Friday, 20 Jan 2023 at 11:07, Michael Maurer wrote:
> Some more googling made me realize this is an ongoing issue with evil. Ah well.

Interesting.  I have not experienced this.  In fact, I use the fact that
I can search hidden sections to get around a very annoying bug in org
mode where, every now and again, some sections cannot be
revealed/expanded, a bug that I cannot reproduce at will unfortunately
and hence I cannot create a minimal example to report this bug.

I'm using evil version 20221229.1739 from (m)elpa.

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.6-201-gb58fba in Emacs 30.0.50

* Re: evil-mode ' / ' only searches visible
@ 2023-01-20 10:38     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-01-20 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fraga, Eric; +Cc: Michael Maurer, Org Mode List

https://github.com/emacs-evil/evil/issues/1630