Hi Bastien, I'm willing to sign the FSF copyright papers, provided it isn't too big of a hassle :-). What do I need to do? The problem that the other part of the patch solves is as follows: org-batch-store-agenda-views writes all agendas (according to some criteria) to disk. To do this, it first generates all those agendas in a temporary buffer, which is killed at the end. This is done in a special environment, so as to not change the currently open agenda buffer (if there is one). The process is not hermetic - the plist of org-agenda-category-filter can get modified while generating the temporary agendas (when generating agendas with a category filter). If indeed modified, then at the end of the process, a user sees a filtered agenda buffer even when starting out from an unfiltered one. The patch addresses this by first saving the plist of the org-agenda-category-filter variable, then executing the regular functionality of org-batch-store-agenda-views, and finally restoring the plist of org-agenda-category-filter variable. In case something falls through with the FSF papers, I think this should be enough to implement a similar fix. Thanks, Kosta -- Konstantin Kliakhandler http://slumpy.org )°) )°( (°( On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Bastien wrote: > Hi Konstantin, > > Konstantin Kliakhandler writes: > > > I also fixed the problems in both org-agenda.el and am including the > > patch. > > Thanks for the patch -- I applied the part that I understand: > http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/?id=445a8ec6 > > As for the other part, can you restate what bug it fixes in very > simple words? > > Also, we cannot accept it unless you signed the FSF copyright > assignment, so prepare to go this route if you want to submit > a consequent patch. Otherwise simply describe the problem and > a possible fix and we'll implement it. > > Thanks, > > -- > Bastien >