From: Konstantin Kliakhandler <kosta@slumpy.org>
To: Bastien <bzg@gnu.org>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Weird behavior in `org-agenda-redo' and/or `org-mobile-push'
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 19:08:24 +0300	[thread overview]

Hi Bastien,

I'm willing to sign the FSF copyright papers, provided it isn't too big of
a hassle :-). What do I need to do?

The problem that the other part of the patch solves is as follows:

org-batch-store-agenda-views writes all agendas (according to some
criteria) to disk.
To do this, it first generates all those agendas in a temporary buffer,
which is killed at the end.
This is done in a special environment, so as to not change the currently
open agenda buffer (if there is one).
The process is not hermetic - the plist of org-agenda-category-filter can
get modified while generating the temporary agendas (when generating
agendas with a category filter).
If indeed modified, then at the end of the process, a user sees a filtered
agenda buffer even when starting out from an unfiltered one.

The patch addresses this by first saving the plist of the
org-agenda-category-filter variable, then executing the regular
functionality of org-batch-store-agenda-views, and finally restoring the
plist of org-agenda-category-filter variable.

In case something falls through with the FSF papers, I think this should be
enough to implement a similar fix.

Thanks,
Kosta

--