Great - the %i is what gets interpolated into the pasted text. If you don't specify a template letter, as in the setup pages, then the link is sent to the same place as it would by org-store-link ("C-c l" if you use the suggested bindings). Personally, I find it less useful in my workflow, as I would then need to start a new capture and insert the link. I can understand however why someone else would find that useful. When I (or someone else) add a configuration page, this should be easy to change. Cheers, Kosta On Jul 7, 2015 8:13 PM, "Ken Mankoff" wrote: > > Selected text works with your capture templates. Thanks for sending them. > > FYI I notice the "test" on the org-protocol.el setup pages uses this: > > document.location.href='org-protocol://capture://'+makeUrl(); > > While yours uses: > > capture:/L/... > > If you don't specify "L" or "c" then would it let me choose which template > the capture gets sent to? Seems like it might be an extra keystroke to then > choose the template, but also more powerful... > > -k. > > > On 2015-07-07 at 12:57, Konstantin Kliakhandler wrote: > > Hello Ken, > > > > The first user, hurrah! > > > > You were right to add the capture templates - I will update the docs to > be > > more clear about that. I think the first thing to add to the extension > now > > that it is in the open is to add configuration for the targets... > > > > Here are the templates that I use (I need to replace the captured on: > with > > a property at some point, but this is beside the point): > > > > ("L" "Protocol Link" entry (file+headline ,(concat org-directory " > notes.org") > > "Inbox") "* %? [[%:link][%:description]] \nCaptured On: %U") > > > > ("p" "Protocol" entry (file+headline ,(concat org-directory "notes.org") > > "Inbox") > > "* %^{Title}\nSource: %u, %c\n > > #+BEGIN_QUOTE\n%i\n#+END_QUOTE\n\n\n%?") > > > > I can't recall at the moment why I use the nicer format replacements for > > the link and the shorter for the full quote, and it might not matter. > Could > > you try to make your "p" template similar to mine and see if it works? > > Alternatively, can you paste the templates you used? > > > > Cheers, > > Kosta > >