Dear Bastien, Would you please consider incorporating my patch (or reimplementing it)? As it stands, the problem I described earlier (agenda buffer gets screwed up after org mobile push) persists and I need to repatch on every new version I install. I will also look into the FSF papers myself. Thanks in advance, Kosta -- Konstantin Kliakhandler http://slumpy.org )°) )°( (°( On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 7:08 PM, Konstantin Kliakhandler wrote: > Hi Bastien, > > I'm willing to sign the FSF copyright papers, provided it isn't too big of > a hassle :-). What do I need to do? > > The problem that the other part of the patch solves is as follows: > > org-batch-store-agenda-views writes all agendas (according to some > criteria) to disk. > To do this, it first generates all those agendas in a temporary buffer, > which is killed at the end. > This is done in a special environment, so as to not change the currently > open agenda buffer (if there is one). > The process is not hermetic - the plist of org-agenda-category-filter can > get modified while generating the temporary agendas (when generating > agendas with a category filter). > If indeed modified, then at the end of the process, a user sees a filtered > agenda buffer even when starting out from an unfiltered one. > > The patch addresses this by first saving the plist of the > org-agenda-category-filter variable, then executing the regular > functionality of org-batch-store-agenda-views, and finally restoring the > plist of org-agenda-category-filter variable. > > In case something falls through with the FSF papers, I think this should > be enough to implement a similar fix. > > Thanks, > Kosta > > > -- > Konstantin Kliakhandler > http://slumpy.org > )°) )°( (°( > > > On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Bastien wrote: > >> Hi Konstantin, >> >> Konstantin Kliakhandler writes: >> >> > I also fixed the problems in both org-agenda.el and am including the >> > patch. >> >> Thanks for the patch -- I applied the part that I understand: >> http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/?id=445a8ec6 >> >> As for the other part, can you restate what bug it fixes in very >> simple words? >> >> Also, we cannot accept it unless you signed the FSF copyright >> assignment, so prepare to go this route if you want to submit >> a consequent patch. Otherwise simply describe the problem and >> a possible fix and we'll implement it. >> >> Thanks, >> >> -- >> Bastien >> > >