On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 11:53 AM, Michael Strey wrote: > On Wed, Jan 02, 2013 at 01:07:20PM -0600, Robert Goldman wrote: > > I use multiple devices, so I need to have an IMAP server that really is > > an IMAP server, instead of something the just serves up messages to be > > downloaded. I have multiple folders, and I read messages from different > > clients. > > I have a similar requirement. My setup consists of mutt together with > imapfilter for sorting and filtering of e-mail on the IMAP server and > offlineimap to hold a copy of all mails on the IMAP server locally. For > the integration into the org-mode workflow, I have defined a [[mutt: ]] > link and installed a script to capture a mail from mutt. To show a mail > in Emacs, I use notmuch. > > It works very well for me. Although I have to say that I'm coming from > the Vi world and using mutt since many years. So this cumbersome setup > was my concession to keep my familiar e-mail client. > > The following link may help with a similar (but probably easier) setup > with wanderlust that provides better and easier integration into Emacs. > http://emacs-fu.blogspot.de/search/label/wanderlust > > Regards > -- > Michael Strey > www.strey.biz You guys might want to check out mu4e as well: http://www.djcbsoftware.nl/code/mu/mu4e.html It's quite young but shows a lot of promise.