Hello Phil, When I use the edit buffer (by pressing C-c '), my Org syntax is indented properly (in accordance with org-indent-mode, which is set to t). The code block itself looks like this after editing: #+BEGIN_SRC org :exports code ,* Top level headline ,** Second level ,*** Third level some text ,*** Third level more text #+END_SRC As you can see, the text ('some text' and 'more text') is not indented. This is a little bit annoying, but not too much - I can add the spaces myself. The problem is with the HTML export: I can't see the HTML output as I would see it in my Emacs buffer, that is to say, without the leading stars. In my output (see attached), leading stars are visible, although not colored. I would like them to be completely invisible. Do you observe the same thing? My org-version is 8.2.5h-30-gdd810b-elpaplus under GNU Emacs 24.3.1. Thanks, FC On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 12:34 AM, Phil Regier wrote: > I'm not sure whether I follow you here, because I'm accustomed to seeing > indents passed through. If I export the following: > > #+begin_src org :exports code > ,#+begin_src org :exports code > indented text > ,#+end_src > #+end_src > > ...then my HTML export adds as many spaces as there are in the block edit > buffer. Is that not what you see, or are you looking for something more > sophisticated? > > Phil > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Fletcher Charest" > To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > Sent: Friday, March 14, 2014 6:21:35 PM > Subject: Re: [O] Is there an environment for Org syntax? > > Thank you, this sounds interesting; I'm not very good either, but I will > have a look at this. And I actually have a related question (I hope it's > not in the manual this time): is it possible to indent the Org syntax in > the HTML export as it is indented in an Emacs buffer when > org-indent-modeis activated? The indentation in the HTML file looks > like the one you get > in Org by default, even if my org-indent-mode variable is set to t in my > Org buffer. > > Thank you, > > FC >