Another option can be using a webservice such as trello and an emacs package to access data on it. There is an org-trello package that is worth investigating. 2016-06-22 9:26 GMT-03:00 Roland Everaert : > org-attach was the feature I needed. > > Thank you. > > On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 4:10 PM, Eric Abrahamsen > wrote: > >> Roland Everaert writes: >> >> > Hi, >> > >> > I am working as a sysadmin, In the organization, we use 2 tools to >> > keep track of requests sent by the customers/users. As you can expect, >> > those tools are not meant to be used to track all the gritty details >> > of a sysadmin's job. >> > >> > So I am turning to org-mode (that I used for years) and its community >> > to find a way to organize my job and being able to track what I have >> > done and store the hundreds of lines of output from a command-line. >> > >> > I was wondering if it was possible to create directories and files >> > with org-capture, based on data given interactively by the user. >> >> You can use org-attach in conjunction with org-capture, to create a >> directory connected to an Org heading. >> >> > My intention would be to work this way: >> > >> > 1. Create a directory for a request or a group of tasks or a project, >> > in short, an aspect of my job. >> > 2. Create a file that will contain the information related to the >> > request in addition to a journal allowing me to keep track of what I >> > have done and store all the data that are useful to me. >> >> I'd say you don't need a separate file for this, simply the subtree of >> the heading you're using to track this job. >> >> > 3. Store anything that is related to that request or aspect of my job >> > into the related directory. >> >> That's org-attach again. >> >> > 4. Being able to search for a particular aspect or getting a list of >> > them and access it. >> >> I actually don't think there's any built-in way of searching files in an >> org-attach directory. >> >> > 5. When the job is done for an aspect, archive the directory. >> >> I think that would happen automatically with org-attach. >> >> > So far, I was using the configuration of norang, but I don't thing it >> > is really adapted to my work-flow anymore. >> > >> > I know that org-mode is capable of a lot of things, but I was >> > wondering if this is not a little bit to broad for org-mode to be an >> > efficient tool. I was even thinking that all of this should be done >> > through a server, with emacs being the interface to communicate with >> > it. >> >> Beats me! >> >> >> >