. On Friday, June 7, 2013, Eric Schulte wrote: > Rainer M Krug > writes: > > > Rainer M Krug > writes: > > > >> Eric Schulte > writes: > >> > > [snip (46 lines)] > > > >>> For now I think both padlines and link comments are required for the > >>> jumping functionality to work. I've updated the documentation to > >>> reflect this. > >>> > >> > >> Thanks - I will change it accordingly. > > > > I just discovered, that I have a problem with the setting of > > org-src-preserve-indentation, as I am using org to write a package, and > > I have put DESCRIPTION into the org file (as fundamental). If I have > > org-src-preserve-indentation set to t, the lines start with two spaces > > (" ") which causes an error in reading the files. > > > > Couldn't you just not indent these code blocks. E.g., change > > #+begin_src R > Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Donec > hendrerit tempor tellus. Donec pretium posuere tellus. Proin quam > nisl, tincidunt et, mattis eget, convallis nec, purus. Cum sociis > natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus > mus. Nulla posuere. Donec vitae dolor. Nullam tristique diam non > turpis. Cras placerat accumsan nulla. Nullam rutrum. Nam vestibulum > accumsan nisl. > #+end_src > > Ah - makes sense. Haven't looked at that yet. Should be possible. If it doesn't work I'll come back to you on Monday. > to > > #+begin_src R > Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Donec > hendrerit tempor tellus. Donec pretium posuere tellus. Proin quam > nisl, tincidunt et, mattis eget, convallis nec, purus. Cum sociis > natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus > mus. Nulla posuere. Donec vitae dolor. Nullam tristique diam non > turpis. Cras placerat accumsan nulla. Nullam rutrum. Nam vestibulum > accumsan nisl. > #+end_src > > > > > I can disable padlines for these source blocks, which is no problem, but > > I think I can't change the setting for > > org-src-preserve-indentation for a single block. > > > > This is tricky because the indentation is separate from and predates > Babel, so there is no obvious straightforward way to coerce this into a > header argument. > > Ok - if it is just the case of not indenting in the source block, then it is not necessary to change it. > > > > Would it be possible to have this option as a header argument, so that I > > can change it for certain blocks? > > > > The same problem is for the local file arguments: they must not be in > > the DESCRIPTION and NAMESPACE file. > > > > Alright, I think you've convinced me that it could be worthwhile to add > header arguments to support file local variables and read modes in > tangled files. I don't have the time to implement and document these > new header arguments, but the code should not be too difficult if anyone > else wants to take a shot at it. > > Thanks - that's brilliant. > In the mean time I'd adjust your hook to wrap the addition of the file > local variable in something like > > ;; -*- emacs-lisp -*- > (unless (or (string= (buffer-file-name) "DESCRIPTION") > (string= (buffer-file-name) "NAMESPACE")) > ;; file local var code goes here > ) That is an option. I'll change it accordingly. > > > > > I could use sed or similar to adjust these files, but I would rather > > prefer to > > a) be able to have org-src-preserve-indentation for tangling as a header > > argument > > b) a variable in which I can specify in which tangled files should have > > the local variables included. > > > > By the way, the post-tangle-hook approach works, but it has the > > disadvantage, that each file needs to be written twice - in the mini > > buffer, each tangled file is shown twice. As one org file contains > > several (>10) tangles output files, this adds to the time needed for > > tangling. > > > > Agreed, for file modes and maybe local vars special header arguments > would be nice, maybe called tangle-mode and tangle-file-vars or > something. tangle-add-vars should be perfect. This could be a list of variables with their values and also modes (read-only, auto-revert comes to mind). One could split it though in two, I.e. an additional tangle-mode for modes, but one tangle-add-vars should be fine. Thanks a lot for all this, as it makes the integration of org, ESA and R much better. I'll see that I write up some how to for package development from org based on this. Cheers and have a nice weekend, Rainer > > Best, > > > > > Cheers, > > > > Rainer > > > > > >> > >> Rainer > >> > >> [snip (16 lines)] > >> > >> <#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign> > >> > > > > -- > Eric Schulte > http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte > -- Rainer M. Krug, PhD (Conservation Ecology, SUN), MSc (Conservation Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany) Centre of Excellence for Invasion Biology Stellenbosch University South Africa Tel : +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44 Cell: +33 - (0)6 85 62 59 98 Fax (F): +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44 Fax (D): +49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44 email: Rainer@krugs.de Skype: RMkrug