Hi all, I use org-mode to write both papers and slides. The code to generate tables and figures is placed in source blocks. Most of the time I use the same tables in my slides as in my papers, but a lot of preprocessing code is needed to generate the tables. I'd like to put the generation of these tables in its own org-mode file and just be able to include certain headings in the paper or slide document. For example, I would have an org-mode document called mytables.org: * Heading 1 ** Regressions #+BEGIN_SRC R cat("hello world") #+END_SRC R * Heading 2 And another document mypaper.org: * Section 1 #+INCLUDE: "mytables.org" :heading "Heading 1/Regressions" * Section 2 The content from below the ** Regression headline in mytables.org would be included on export in mypaper.org. It would also be great to be able to follow the INCLUDE to the file with C-c '. Org provides some facilities for these includes, but does not allow for headings ( http://orgmode.org/manual/Include-files.html ). Obviously org does not have the :heading parameter, but any suggestions for a solution to make this work are greatly appreciated. It looks like org-export-expand-include-keyword is doing a lot of the magic of including the files, but I'm not sure where to go from there. Thanks for any help.