* Need Guidance in developing and generating code using org-mode
@ 2020-02-27 17:09 KOKOU AFIDEGNON
From: KOKOU AFIDEGNON @ 2020-02-27 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Here is my sample org entry which i want to build a website for.

   2. ** Design
   3. *My Sample design attempt*
   4. The journey has been quite long coupled with heuristic approaches
   5. This is an attempt to generate an html file from my blog written in
   6. org-mode.
   7. * Archives
   8. ** By Categories
   9. ** By Date
   10. ** By Author
   11. * Account
   12.
   14. - username
   15. - password
   16. - email
   17. - Gender
   18.
   20. - Username
   21. - Password
   22.
   23. ** Activate
   24.
   25. ** Logout

I have been able to to export using C-c C-e h o

   - How do i insert my personal template with custom CSS and JS?
   - Under Register, and Login heading, How do i generate html forms which
   will post entries to specific destinations? and also generate code for
   capturing the data?
   - How do i link Activate and Logout heading to custom urls?

I m finding hard grasping orgmode i will be grateful if you can help
elucidate.

* Need Guidance in developing and generating code using org-mode
@ 2020-02-27 18:44 KOKOU AFIDEGNON
From: KOKOU AFIDEGNON @ 2020-02-27 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[...]

* Re: Need Guidance in developing and generating code using org-mode
@ 2020-02-27 19:18 ` Leslie Watter
From: Leslie Watter @ 2020-02-27 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: KOKOU AFIDEGNON; +Cc: org-mode-email

Hi Kokou,

See below ;-)

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 3:46 PM KOKOU AFIDEGNON <kokou.afidegnon@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here is my sample org entry which i want to build a website for.

>    2. ** Design
>    3. *My Sample design attempt*
>    4. The journey has been quite long coupled with heuristic approaches
>    5. This is an attempt to generate an html file from my blog written in
>    6. org-mode.
>    7. * Archives
>    8. ** By Categories
>    9. ** By Date
>    10. ** By Author
>    11. * Account
>    12.
>    14. - username
>    15. - password
>    16. - email
>    17. - Gender
>    18.
>    20. - Username
>    21. - Password
>    22.
>    23. ** Activate
>    24.
>    25. ** Logout
>

> I have been able to to export using C-c C-e h o
>

>    - How do i insert my personal template with custom CSS and JS?

CSS: you'll need to read:
https://orgmode.org/manual/CSS-support.html#CSS-support
<https://orgmode.org/manual/CSS-support.html#CSS-support>
but basically add:

#+HTML_HEAD: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style1.css" />
#+HTML_HEAD_EXTRA: <link rel="alternate stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="style2.css" />

Javascript:
https://orgmode.org/manual/JavaScript-support.html#JavaScript-support

https://orgmode.org/manual/Quoting-HTML-tags.html#Quoting-HTML-tags

>    - How do i link Activate and Logout heading to custom urls?

To change headline links you'll need to read:
https://orgmode.org/org.html#Headlines-in-HTML-export

Headlines are exported to ‘<h1>’, ‘<h2>’, etc. Each headline gets the ‘id’
attribute from ‘CUSTOM_ID’ property, or a unique generated value, see Internal
Links <https://orgmode.org/org.html#Internal-Links>.

When org-html-self-link-headlines is set to a non-nil value, the text of
the headlines is also wrapped in ‘<a>’ tags. These tags have a ‘href’
attribute making the headlines link to themselves.

You'll have to put an CUSTOM_ID to the *custom url *you'll need

> I m finding hard grasping orgmode i will be grateful if you can help
> elucidate.

Hope this helps

Cheers,

LEslie

--
Leslie H. Watter

* Re: Need Guidance in developing and generating code using org-mode
@ 2020-02-28 13:57   ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2020-02-28 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: leslie; +Cc: org-mode-email, KOKOU AFIDEGNON

Hi, Kokou,

Adding to what Leslie Watter writes:

>>    - Under Register, and Login heading, How do i generate html forms
>>    which will post entries to specific destinations? and also generate code
>>    for capturing the data?
>>
>> To use forms, you'll probably will use raw HTML:
>
> https://orgmode.org/manual/Quoting-HTML-tags.html#Quoting-HTML-tags

And for capturing the data, you will of course need to provide scripts
on a server as targets for the html forms.

Org is great for quick writing and exporting to HTML. It can also be
used to publish whole static websites and blogs. Some people use a
combination of Org and other static blogging tools, like Jekyll, which
adds some helpful functionality.

However, if you want to dynamically serve pages only to logged-in users,
Org-mode may not be the tool you are looking for. You may want to look
at blogging platforms or content management systems. (If you like
writing in Org, you can still use it for drafting.)

Yours,
Christian

* Re: Need Guidance in developing and generating code using org-mode
@ 2020-02-28 15:02     ` Diego Zamboni
From: Diego Zamboni @ 2020-02-28 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Moe; +Cc: org-mode-email, KOKOU AFIDEGNON