From: Diego Zamboni <diego@zzamboni.org>
To: dsmasterson@outlook.com
Cc: Org-mode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Getting feedback from a website created with OrgMode ??
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 09:07:34 +0100	[thread overview]

(replying to the list)

Hi David,

I would suggest looking into Hugo (https://gohugo.io/). With ox-hugo (
https://ox-hugo.scripter.co/), you can easily export a whole website which
is kept in org-mode format. As for the dynamic stuff:

- Hugo allows very complex data-driven operations. You can, for example,
keep data in a JSON file (which gets updated any way you want) and use that
to populate information on a webpage. As an example, look at Kaushal's
"Real World Examples" page in the ox-hugo website:
https://ox-hugo.scripter.co/doc/examples/, which is populates from a TOML
file at
https://github.com/kaushalmodi/ox-hugo/blob/master/doc/data/users.toml, and
rendered in the webpage using a template at
https://github.com/kaushalmodi/ox-hugo/blob/master/doc/layouts/_default/examples.html
.

- About comments, Hugo has built-in support for Disqus comments (
https://gohugo.io/content-management/comments/), but you can use any other
Javascript-driven commenting engine (there are a few pointers to
alternatives in that page)

- As for posting information, an easy solution would be to just use Google
Forms (https://www.google.com/forms/about/), or, if you host your website
on something like Netlify, use its support for custom forms (
https://www.netlify.com/docs/form-handling/), which makes it very easy to
embed the forms in your web page.

Speaking of Netlify, I can highly recommend them for hosting Hugo-generated
websites. It's easy to use and free for basic use cases, and provides many
other features which could be useful such as authentication and integration
with AWS Lambda. I have no relationship with them, other than being a happy
user, I host 5 websites with them and have had no issues.

Hope this helps,
--Diego