From: Diego Zamboni <diego@zzamboni.org>
To: TRS-80 <lists.trs-80@isnotmyreal.name>
Cc: Org-mode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Exporting .org to .md for Sourcehut (sr.ht); ox-md not following Markdown spec?
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2020 20:45:45 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi TRS-80,

Note that according to https://man.sr.ht/markdown/#post-processing,
Sourcehut uses CommonMark, not plain Markdown, so I guess that's why it
doesn't allow all HTML tags.

(note: Markdown allows embedded HTML, so ox-md's behavior is not incorrect)

There seems to be no ox-commonmark (that I could find) but pandoc does
support it, so you could probably use ox-pandoc (
https://github.com/kawabata/ox-pandoc) to export your documents in
CommonMark format.

--Diego