I don't think there's an easy way to fix this - since src blocks are fontified using the mode for the corresponding language. Particularly in shell script, since << has a meaning in the language ("here" input), I assume this is why the rest of the block gets fontified differently. Best, --Diego On Sun, May 2, 2021 at 2:29 PM Greg Minshall wrote: > hi, all. > > using a <> reference in a bash source block, the buffer's font > lock colors go south on lines folowing the <> reference. (in my > case, all remaining lines in the buffer are colored bright yellow). the > major and minor modes are as listed below. > > is there an obvious thing to do to either get whatever syntax checker is > running to ignore the <> reference, or some such? > > thanks in advance, Greg > > major mode: Shell-script[bash] > > Enabled minor modes: Async-Bytecomp-Package Auto-Composition > Auto-Compression Auto-Encryption Blink-Cursor Electric-Indent > File-Name-Shadow Flycheck Font-Lock Global-Eldoc Global-Flycheck > Global-Font-Lock Line-Number Marginalia Menu-Bar Mouse-Wheel > My-Global-Subword Org-Src Override-Global Selectrum > Sh-Electric-Here-Document Shell-Dirtrack Straight-Package-Neutering > Straight-Use-Package Subword Tooltip Transient-Mark Yas Yas-Global > >