Hi Eric, I found out that adding any non-space character after the dot prevents org from interpreting it as a list. In particular, adding a non-breaking-space entity at the end of the line works, like this: "300.\nbsp" Maybe other punctuations would also work and make sense in the context of your document- see `org-entities-help` for the full list of available entities. --Diego On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 11:07 PM, Eric Abrahamsen wrote: > Hi, > > I just discovered that a paragraph disappeared from a subtree I was > exporting, I guess because the paragraph consists of just a number > followed by a full stop, and was interpreted as a list item. I'm > translating subtitles, and the dialogue went: > > #+begin_src org > There are no taxis, but I've got a car. > > How much to Dongying? > > 300. > > We can be there 10am tomorrow. > #+end_src > > I'm not surprised that "300." got interpreted as a list item, but I > wonder if there's a way to protect against it being removed altogether. > I suppose it might be nice if a single list item with no content would > be interpreted as a paragraph, but that probably opens the door to all > kinds of weird edge cases. If there were just a way to escape it... > > Thanks, > Eric > > >