In case it's useful, I have put together (just last week) some config to help in creating and using human-readable CUSTOM_IDs in conjunction with `counsel-org-link`, but which could just as easily be used to apply the IDs to every heading in the current document: https://github.com/zzamboni/dot-doom/blob/master/doom.org#capturing-and-creating-internal-org-links Now I have to look at TEC's ID-generation code, seems much nicer :) --Diego On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 3:54 AM TEC wrote: > > Hi Sam, link stability is a concern I've had too. I currently have a fix > (or at the very least, an improvement) for this in my config where I > overwrite org-export-get-reference. (see: > https://tecosaur.github.io/emacs-config/config.html#nicer-generated-heading > ). > > I raised this on the list a while ago --- > https://orgmode.org/list/E1jxAjq-0004Dk-LH@lists.gnu.org/ but there > didn't seem to be much interest. > > All the best, > Timothy > > Samuel Wales writes: > > > when you link to a section using toc, you get a link like > > > > > https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2020/02/crimes-against-humanity_3.html#org080f0ab > > > > will these links break if somebody copies them and pastes them > > elsewhere? what if you add a section? > > > > there doesn't seem to be a perfect solution, short of adding custom id > > or id to everything, but perhaps a fuzzy hash of the header and > > contents of the section could be used? or a strict hash of the > > header? is anything like this being done? just curious. > > >