Hi Kashyap, The problem seems to be that when the HTML exporter finds more than one element within a list item, it wraps each one in its own set of =

= tags, which creates the additional space. You can see that this has nothing to do with the quotes, just inserting a second paragraph within the list item triggers this, e.g.: ------ 3. Test 3 - sub bullet under test 3, with a quote: another paragraph within the bullet ------ As Juan Manuel suggested, one way to fix the visual difference is with CSS. To be more selective, you could style only

items with a

  • , like this: #+HTML_HEAD: In my test, this eliminates the spacing before those items, making them all look the same in the browser. Looking at the ox-html code, there doesn't seem to be a way to prevent this from happening at the moment, a plain paragraph is always wrapped in

    tags. Hope this helps, --Diego On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 2:03 PM Kashyap Chamarthy wrote: > Hi, folks — > > First of all, many thanks to the contributors for their work on > Org-Mode. I'm a happy (novice) user; first time poster here. :-) > > I have a seemingly trivial aesthetic problem. I've attached the > reproducer .org file and its HTML export to demonstrate it. I'm sure > advanced users might recognize the problem immediately. As you notice > in my HTML export: An unwanted new line is added between "Test 3" and > "sub bullet under test 3, with a quote" (which uses > BEGIN_QUOTE/END_QUOTE in the .org file). Likewise, a new line is added > before "Test 4" starts. And yet again, a new line under "Test 6" and > its sub bullet. > > Is there a way to avoid the said new lines in the above mentioned > examples? (NB: A space right _before_ the quote starts is okay.) Or > alternatively, is there a way to consistently force a new line in the > HTML export, after each of "Test 1", "Test 2", et al? > > Many thanks in advance! > > Regards, > Kashyap >