* org-babel clojure support outdated/not working
@ 2012-05-28 21:01 kima VCRP
From: kima VCRP @ 2012-05-28 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello Org-people.
After using org-mode for organisation, I came around org-babel and it's
capabilities of literate programming.
I will do some literate programming with clojure in the future and wanted
to use org-babel with clojure, but the instructions at
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-clojure.html are
not working anymore.
I described this and my naive workarounds in my blog:
http://kimavcrp.blogspot.de/2012/05/setting-up-org-mode-babel-with-clojure.html
Can you give me some advice/starting points to update clojure support or at
least the instruction manual ?
thanks

* Re: org-babel clojure support outdated/not working
@ 2012-05-29 15:41 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2012-05-29 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kima VCRP; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

kima VCRP <maikschuenemann@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Org-people.
> After using org-mode for organisation, I came around org-babel and it's
> capabilities of literate programming.
> I will do some literate programming with clojure in the future and wanted
> to use org-babel with clojure, but the instructions at
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-clojure.html are
> not working anymore.
> I described this and my naive workarounds in my blog:
> http://kimavcrp.blogspot.de/2012/05/setting-up-org-mode-babel-with-clojure.html
> Can you give me some advice/starting points to update clojure support or at
> least the instruction manual ?
> thanks

Hi,

Please search through these list archives for previous discussions of
working with Clojure code blocks.  Every time the clojure slime support
changes small changes are required in ob-clojure.el as well.  Generally
the change is as simple as changing a single function name in the
definition of the `org-babel-execute:clojure' function.

Currently this function uses

    ;; -*- emacs-lisp -*-
    (slime-eval
      `(swank:eval-and-grab-output
        ,(buffer-substring-no-properties (point-min) (point-max)))
      (cdr (assoc :package params)))

to evaluate a snippet of clojure code returning a string of the results.
If you come up with a patch to ob-clojure.el please do share it on this
list.

Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte