I also wanted to have new pop-up org-capture window that would be created in response to some shortcut anywhere in Windows and occupied the entire frame. Since I haven't found any solutions, I just modified a function I saw in this thread: (defun make-capture-frame () "Create a new frame and run org-capture." (interactive) (make-frame '((name . "capture"))) (select-frame-by-name "capture") (delete-other-windows) (flet ((switch-to-buffer-other-window (buf) (switch-to-buffer buf))) (org-capture))) The culprit is switch-to-buffer-other-window that ultimately gets called by org-capture so I just reassign it temporarily to switch-to-buffer. Then I use AutoHotkey to create a shortcut that would call emacsclient with the new function. I am experimenting with AutoHotkey to construct application-dependent org-mode-style links on the clipboard so that I can use %x parameter in my capture templates to insert them. The current version of my AutoHotkey script creates links when in Google Chrome or Excel: https://github.com/alexvorobiev/autohotkey/blob/master/AutoHotkey.ahk The shortcut is Win-` Regards, Alex On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Tom Prince wrote: > On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 00:11:11 +0100, Andreas Leha < > andreas.leha@med.uni-goettingen.de> wrote: > > While it works well on my emacs23, the emacs24 snapshot from > > http://emacs.naquadah.org/ crashes, when I select a template. Is this a > > general issue with emacs24? Ideas to adapt the snippet to work with > > emacs24? > > What do you mean by crash? Does the emacs process exit? In that case, I > would try reporting the problem to some emacs forum ... I don't think > emacs should be crashing given any elisp code, certainly not this code. > > Tom > >