Well, as you can see with my exchange with Suvayu I got past the error. Yet I still have a strange problem. Your solution works on a small test file, but not on my large (~ 13k words) document. The conversion of "text" to "page" just doesn't happen. I do have a special style file, so I thought that might be the issue. But even when I remove the line #+ODT_STYLES_FILE: "book.ott" from the head of the file, there still seems to be no conversion. Puzzled, Dan On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Christian Moe wrote: > > I said: > > > You can do cross-references with ordinary links. Have a look at the > > manual section 4.2, "Internal links". However, what you get out of the > > box is textual references to e.g. section headings, not page > > references. You can change that for each reference individually by > > right-clicking on them in LibreOffice. There should be a way to get page > > references by default, but off the cuff, I'm not sure how. > > Well, here's one way to get those page references, using filters: > > (defun my-odt-filter-pagerefs (text backend info) > "Make page references, not textual references in ODT export." > (when (org-export-derived-backend-p backend 'odt) > (replace-regexp-in-string "text:reference-format=\"text\"" > "text:reference-format=\"page\"" text))) > > (add-to-list 'org-export-filter-link-functions > 'my-odt-filter-pagerefs) > > (Whee! I just wrote my first export filter.) > > Org doesn't know what the page number will be, so when you open the > document in e.g. LibreOffice, you still have to update fields (Tools > > Update) before you see page numbers. > > Yours, > Christian > > > >