When generating an HTML file from an org-mode document, I'd like to do a GET operation to retrieve a property value from the drawer of an arbitrary heading, using the CUSTOM_ID property to identify the heading. From Google-searching, I suspect that "org-heading-components" will be involved, but I'm not proficient enough in elisp to be able to figure out how to use it from the on-line examples I've found --- and I'm not proficient enough in Emacs to use any built-in documentation about it ("apropos" doesn't produce any results). Here's an example, where GET-PROP is a macro I'd like to use: ==BEGIN== #+MACRO: get-prop [????] #+MACRO: get-title [omitted -- thanks to Nicolas Goaziou for the get-title macro, at https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2014-02/msg00386.html] * CLAUSES ** Affiliate status from voting control :PROPERTIES: :CUSTOM_ID: AffilDefn :CD-ID: AFFIL-VOTE :IMPORTANCE: Situational :PUSHBACK: Unlikely :END: (a) One individual or organization ("Person") is an {{{DEFN(Affiliate)}}} of another Person if, directly or indirectly via one or more intermediaries, one of those Persons /controls/ (as defined in subdivision (b) below), or is controlled by, or is under common control with, the other Person. (b) [other text omitted] * CONTRACT TEMPLATES ** Nondisclosure Agreement {{{GET-PROP(AffilDefn,CD-ID)}}}: {{{GET-TITLE(AffilDefn)}}} -- pushback from the other side is {{{GET-PROP(AffilDefn,PUSHBACK)}}}. # This should export to: # AFFIL-VOTE: Affiliate status from voting control -- pushback from the other side is: Unlikely. ==END== Thanks in advance, --D. C. *D*ell *C*harles "D. C." Toedt III *(my** last name is pronounced "Tate") * Attorney and neutral arbitrator -- tech contracts and intellectual property Lecturer, University of Houston Law Center ​Editor, ​​​Common Draft project: A readable library of best-practices contract clauses, with extensive citations and commentary, updated often. dc@toedt.com LinkedIn: dctoedt Calendar (redacted) O: +1 (713) 364-6545 C: +1 (713) 516-8968 ​​ ​ Houston, Texas (Central time zone) Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is not intended to serve as an electronic signature nor as assent to an agreement.