On 11 November 2016 at 02:08, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > Alan Tyree writes: > > > Suggested wording: > > > > In 8.1: > > > > > > timestamp can appear anywhere in the headline or body of an Org tree > > entr UNLESS is is preceded by a keyword in which case it must be properly > > positioned or it will be ignored: see 8.3 for details. > > This is wrong. Only the keyword is ignored, not the timestamp. This is > why DEADLINE and SCHEDULED location is unrelated to section 8.1. > Hi Nicolas, Will you please double check this? On my system, the entry does *not* show up in the agenda (C-c a a). If I remove the DEADLINE:, then it does show up. So, for the important purpose under discussion, the timestamp is ignored. Emacs version 24.4.1 on Debian Stable org-version: Org mode version 9.0 (9.0-elpaplus @ /home/alant/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20161102/) > > > A timestamp may be preceded by special keywords to facilitate planning. > > WARNING: both the timestamp and the keyword are ignored if not positioned > > immediately following the headline. No space or other text is allowed. > > I think "immediately following the headline" is unambiguous. No need to > specify "no space or other text is allowed". > > I modified section 8.3 accordingly. > > WDYT? > > Subject to the above, OK. Just so long as there is a good strong warning about it. Thanks, Alan Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou > -- Alan L Tyree http://austlii.edu.au/~alan Tel: 04 2748 6206 sip:typhoon@iptel.org