Thanks, Ihor. That found it. The bibtex entry had: author = {BIS}, Change to: author = {{Bank for International Settlements}}, and it all works a treat. A short random test shows that the export chokes when there is a single name for an author. Again an example: author = {{Wolfsberg Group}} works fine; author = {{Wolfsberg}} chokes. Thanks to you and to Bruce for the help. Cheers, Alan On Mon, 6 Jun 2022 at 11:03, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Alan Tyree writes: > > > I guess the bad news is that the csl file validates. I also should have > > mentioned that everything parses properly with pandoc, so I guess it is a > > cireproc-el glitch. > > > > From the brief error report, it must just be choking on a specific > bibtex > > entry, so it would still be helpful to be able to find it. > > Run M-x toggle-debug-on-error and then try to trigger the error. Then, > you will be able to see the whole backtrace and potentially find out the > problematic BiBTeX entry. If backtrace does not help, you may need to > use M-x debug-on-entry and use debugger (See 19.1 The Lisp Debugger in > Elisp manual). > > Best, > Ihor > -- Alan L Tyree http://www2.austlii.edu.au/~alan