I don't know if this helps, but I am running Manjaro, using the repository packages and have no problem with export. The installed texlive packages are: texlive-bin texlive-core texlive-humanities texlive-latexextra I have no problems with either org export or any pandoc conversions. Cheers, Alan On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 at 07:26, Alan E. Davis wrote: > Arch linux has a package, aside from any arch directly installed > individualized texlive packages, that just installs the texlive network > install script, and directs the user to run the script that is located in > /opt . > > This piece of magic is "texlive-installer", available in the Arch Users > Repository (AUR), makes it easier to use texlive from upstream sources, by > doing the necessary work of handling dependencies. Debian based distros > require to install a dummy package to accomplish this, and some kind of > tweaking may be necessary on other distros. Once AUR is set up, I have run > "yay -S texlive-installer" or one may use other AUR helpers. I think it's > not possible to install this with pacman. > > As far as this problem of the OP, I cannot help. > > Alan Davis > > On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 12:13 PM Jack Kamm wrote: > >> John Hendy writes: >> >> > By "LaTeX" I mean "that which is necessary to have a functioning latex >> > system." If by lower-level you mean the ecosystem itself vs. compiling >> > errors, completely agree. Clearly some core components are missing. >> > For example, the texmf.cnf file is provided by the arch package >> > texlive-core (assuming a package was used), so that's potentially not >> > even installed. >> > - https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/any/texlive-core/ >> >> I would also suggest referring to >> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/TeX_Live#Installation for the >> packages to install on Arch. I myself am using Archlinux-packaged TeX >> Live without any issues. I believe I installed "texlive-most", >> "texlive-lang", and "biber", which are the 3 main packages/groups >> recommended by the wiki. >> >> > > -- > [Fill in the blanks] > > The use of corrupt manipulations and blatant rhetorical ploys ...--- > outright lying, flagwaving, personal attacks, setting up phony > alternatives, misdirection, jargon-mongering, evading key issues, feigning > disinterested objectivity, willful misunderstanding of other points of > view---suggests that ... lacks both credibility and evidence. > > ---- Edward Tufte (in context of making presentations) > > > -- Alan L Tyree http://www2.austlii.edu.au/~alan