From: "Timothée Flutre" <timflutre@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: naming image files before exporting to PDF
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 00:42:44 +0100	[thread overview]

I am using Emacs 24.3.1 + Org-mode 8.2.10 for my work and would like to
include images (typically output files in PDF from R) in my org files. Such
image files correspond to graphics describing computer simulations. Thus, I
would like to name them as meaningfully as possible, for instance
simul001_a-4_b-0.1.pdf, which would indicate that parameter a was fixed at
4 and parameter b at 0.1 for the first simulation.

In the org file, it would look like this:
#+latex_header: \graphicspath{ {./images/} }
[[file:simul001_a-4_b-0.1.pdf]]

After doing C-c C-e l l, the tex file would look like that:
\includegraphics[width=.9\linewidth]{simul001_a-4_b-0.1.pdf}

However, after C-c C-e l p, it doesn't work. Instead of the image, the pdf
contains the following sentence, _a-4_b-0.1.pdf _a-4_b-0.1.pdf.

I tested with "simul001.pdf", and it works smoothly.

I tested with "simul001_a_4_b_0_1.pdf", and it doesn't work. Instead of the
image, the pdf contains the following sentence, _a_4_b_0_1.pdf
_a_4_b_0_1.pdf, followed by an empty box containg somethign like
simul001\unhbox \voidb@x \penalty \@M \hskip \z@skip.

I know that LaTeX doesn't like special characters in file names to include.
However, I thought that underscores and hyphens were ok. As I guess I'm not
the only one who wants to name his files meaningfully, I wonder how other
people do. Would anyone have any idea?

TF