​Hi Nick, Thanks for the suggestion. Putting extra spaces in the original solves the smart quotes issue, but creates unwanted spaces on either side of the em dash: A new study published in Social Psychological and Personality Science has found that helping other people — what scientists call being “prosocial” — increases your odds of finding a long-term relationship. Thanks, Jay --- Jay Dixit jaydixit.com (646) 355-8001 Jay Dixit On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 2:45 PM, Jay Dixit wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I've noticed that when I use quotation marks in conjunction with an em > dash (—), org-export-smart-quotes gets confused and forgets to activate > smart quotes for the closing quotation mark. > > If my org-mode file contains a sentence like this... > > A [[ > http://spp.sagepub.com/content/early/2015/01/23/1948550614568867.abstract][new > study]] published in Psychological and Personality Science has found that > helping other people---what scientists call being "prosocial"---increases > your odds of finding a long-term relationship. > > ...then it exports to HTML like this: > > A new study > published > in Social Psychological and Personality Science has found that helping > other people—what scientists call being “prosocial"—increases your odds of > finding a long-term relationship. > > Note the non-smart closing quotation mark. Does anyone know a fix for > this? > > Thanks! > > Jay > > --- > Jay Dixit > jaydixit.com > (646) 355-8001 > Jay Dixit > >