* Bug: est+ not working, or perhaps under-documented [8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @ c:/Users/yhluc00/emacs/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/org/)]
@ 2014-12-16 16:45 yary
From: yary @ 2014-12-16 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

--text follows this line--

I'm trying to use effort estimate ranges with the {est+} summarizing,
but get "org-estimate-print: Wrong type argument: sequencep, 0" with
every attempt. It could be that I don't have the proper format for
entering the Effort property, since I haven't found any documentation
about effort ranges. I have tried:

   :Effort: +4.0-12.0
   :Effort: 4.0-12.0
   :Effort: 4-12
   :Effort: 4:00-12:00
   :Effort: 4:00-1.5d
and
   :Effort_Low: 4:00
   :Effort_High: 1.5d

as alternatives. Below is a buffer that reproduces the issue, load it,
type C-c C-x C-e on the Estimate line to see the error. I would expect
to see a column view with a sensable combined estimate on the top line.

A paragraph about proper formatting of effort ranges in the info
doc "8.5 Effort estimates" would also help.

vvv effort_range.org vvv

#+COLUMNS: %40ITEM(Task) %12Effort(Estimate){est+}

* Estimate

** Little Thing
   :PROPERTIES:
   :Effort:   1.0-5.5
   :END:

** Big Mess
   :PROPERTIES:
   :Effort:   8.0-30.0
   :END:

^^^ effort_range.org ^^^

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-10-24 on LEG570
Package: Org-mode version 8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @
c:/Users/yhluc00/emacs/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/org/)

current state:
==============
(setq
 org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c-hook '(org-babel-hash-at-point
              org-babel-execute-safely-maybe)
 org-latex-format-headline-function 'org-latex-format-headline-default-function
 org-html-format-inlinetask-function 'ignore
 org-tab-first-hook '(org-hide-block-toggle-maybe
              org-src-native-tab-command-maybe
              org-babel-hide-result-toggle-maybe
              org-babel-header-arg-expand)
 org-cycle-hook '(org-cycle-hide-archived-subtrees org-cycle-hide-drawers
          org-cycle-hide-inline-tasks org-cycle-show-empty-lines
          org-optimize-window-after-visibility-change)
 org-agenda-before-write-hook '(org-agenda-add-entry-text)
 org-speed-command-hook '(org-speed-command-default-hook
              org-babel-speed-command-hook)
 org-ascii-format-inlinetask-function 'org-ascii-format-inlinetask-default
 org-babel-pre-tangle-hook '(save-buffer)
 org-occur-hook '(org-first-headline-recenter)
 org-font-lock-hook '(org-inlinetask-fontify)
 org-html-format-headline-function 'ignore
 org-metaup-hook '(org-babel-load-in-session-maybe)
 org-reveal-start-hook '(org-decrypt-entry)
 org-confirm-elisp-link-function 'yes-or-no-p
 org-latex-format-drawer-function '(lambda (name contents) contents)
 org-clock-out-hook '(org-clock-remove-empty-clock-drawer)
;; removed some binary hooks
 org-ascii-format-drawer-function '(lambda (name contents width) contents)
 org-footnote-auto-adjust t
 org-html-format-drawer-function '(lambda (name contents) contents)
 org-metadown-hook '(org-babel-pop-to-session-maybe)
 org-list-allow-alphabetical t
 org-src-mode-hook '(org-src-babel-configure-edit-buffer
             org-src-mode-configure-edit-buffer)
 org-after-todo-state-change-hook '(org-clock-out-if-current)
 org-latex-format-inlinetask-function 'ignore
 org-confirm-shell-link-function 'yes-or-no-p
 )

* Re: Bug: est+ not working, or perhaps under-documented [8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @ c:/Users/yhluc00/emacs/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/org/)]
@ 2014-12-16 16:49 ` yary
From: yary @ 2014-12-16 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 11:45 AM, yary <not.com@gmail.com> wrote:
> Below is a buffer that reproduces the issue, load it,
> type C-c C-x C-e

Apologies, the keypress is "type C-c C-x C-c" to start Column View.

-y

@ 2014-12-16 22:57 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-12-16 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yary; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

yary <not.com@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm trying to use effort estimate ranges with the {est+} summarizing,
> but get "org-estimate-print: Wrong type argument: sequencep, 0" with
> every attempt. It could be that I don't have the proper format for
> entering the Effort property, since I haven't found any documentation
> about effort ranges. I have tried:
>
>    :Effort: +4.0-12.0
>    :Effort: 4.0-12.0
>    :Effort: 4-12
>    :Effort: 4:00-12:00
>    :Effort: 4:00-1.5d
> and
>    :Effort_Low: 4:00
>    :Effort_High: 1.5d
>
> as alternatives. Below is a buffer that reproduces the issue, load it,
> type C-c C-x C-e on the Estimate line to see the error. I would expect
> to see a column view with a sensable combined estimate on the top
> line.

It should be fixed. Thank you.

Proper syntax is simply

  :Effort: 4-12