* Adding and subtracting from clocked entries.
@ 2013-11-04 14:02 Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2013-11-04 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I am trying out clock in org-mode. Is it possible to add en subtract times?

For example I am working on project A from 09:00 until 13:00. But during
this period I also worked for fifteen minutes on project B. I would like to
subtract those fifteen minutes from project A and add them to project B.
Can this be done?

--
Cecil Westerhof

* Re: Adding and subtracting from clocked entries.
@ 2013-11-04 14:47 ` Pete Ley
From: Pete Ley @ 2013-11-04 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Cecil Westerhof <cldwesterhof@gmail.com> writes:

As far as I know, you can do exactly this (the subtracting clock time
from one tree and adding it to another) but it's triggered on idle time,
so if you're working on something else in emacs it won't ask you to
resolve your idle clock time.

@ 2013-11-04 15:02   ` Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2013-11-04 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

2013/11/4 Pete Ley <peteley11235@gmail.com>

> Cecil Westerhof <cldwesterhof@gmail.com> writes:
>
> As far as I know, you can do exactly this (the subtracting clock time
> from one tree and adding it to another) but it's triggered on idle time,
> so if you're working on something else in emacs it won't ask you to
> resolve your idle clock time.

I am still working, so it will not work I am afraid.

* Re: Adding and subtracting from clocked entries.
@ 2013-11-04 15:26     ` Pete Ley
From: Pete Ley @ 2013-11-04 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Cecil Westerhof <cldwesterhof@gmail.com> writes:

> I am still working, so it will not work I am afraid.

Hopefully some org-mode guru can come along and explain how to trigger
the functionality arbitrarily or by some other means, since the manual
says what you're looking for is definitely doable.

* Re: Adding and subtracting from clocked entries.
@ 2013-11-04 22:09 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-11-04 22:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cecil Westerhof; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Cecil,

Cecil Westerhof <cldwesterhof@gmail.com> writes:

> For example I am working on project A from 09:00 until 13:00. But
> during this period I also worked for fifteen minutes on project B. I
> would like to subtract those fifteen minutes from project A and add
> them to project B. Can this be done?

I assume you stopped the clock on A, then started it on B, then
stopped it on B, then restarted it on A.

In this case, go to the end of the B clock timestamp, put the point
on the HH:MM string, and hit S-M-<down> three times, so that the clock
sum for B is zero, and the clock sum for A is added 15 minutes.

Hope that helps,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Adding and subtracting from clocked entries.
@ 2013-11-05  7:54   ` Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2013-11-05  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

2013/11/4 Bastien <bzg@gnu.org>

> > For example I am working on project A from 09:00 until 13:00. But
> > during this period I also worked for fifteen minutes on project B. I
> > would like to subtract those fifteen minutes from project A and add
> > them to project B. Can this be done?
>
> I assume you stopped the clock on A, then started it on B, then
> stopped it on B, then restarted it on A.
>
> In this case, go to the end of the B clock timestamp, put the point
> on the HH:MM string, and hit S-M-<down> three times, so that the clock
> sum for B is zero, and the clock sum for A is added 15 minutes.

Not exactly, but that is what I could do. I am going to try it out. Thank
you very much.

--

@ 2013-11-05 10:05     ` Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2013-11-05 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)