* Schedule with a duration
@ 2018-04-06 12:32 Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2018-04-06 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is it possible to schedule a task on a day without a time, but have a
duration?

I have several tasks that are not bound to a time, but will be done when I
have some spare time. It would be handy if there was a way the estimated
duration of those tasks so I can choose the right one.

And in general I find it useful to see how much work there still is to be
done.

--
Cecil Westerhof

* Re: Schedule with a duration
@ 2018-04-06 15:08 ` Luke
From: Luke @ 2018-04-06 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

You can use effort estimates for this. They are covered in the manual
here: https://orgmode.org/manual/Effort-estimates.html#Effort-estimates

After assigning an effort estimate to a task, you can filter all tasks
with an estimate less-than, equal-to, or greater-than a specified number
of minutes using org-agenda-filter-by-effort (press the "_" key when
viewing the agenda).