Hello, On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 2:27 PM ST wrote: > Hello, > > in the manual > > https://orgmode.org/manual/Footnotes.html#Footnotes > > it says that footnotes[fn:1] > > [fn:1] look like this > > > but actually[1] > > [1] works as well and looks even better. > > So why this option is not documented? > I would think that's so because canonically Org mode using [fn:1] style. It looks like you are manually typing the footnote refs and definitions. Try using C-c C-x f binding.. you will see that Org inserts the footnotes in the documented style. I would say that the "fn"-style footnotes remove any kind of ambiguity.. -- Kaushal Modi