On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 8:55 AM Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Kaushal Modi writes: > > > Hmm. Thanks for that hint. Would it be OK to define backend-specific link > > abbreviations? > > I don't think so. > > Back-end are able to manipulate links the way they want without Org core > interfering. IOW, this black magick should operate whitin "ox-hugo.el" > itself, IMO. > I meant "Would it be OK to have ox-hugo.el define a link abbreviation like `hugo-static:' for the user?" That way, each user of ox-hugo.el does not have to do that in their configs. > BTW, I still don't understand why an export back-end (unlike an user) > would need to use link abbreviations. For static site generators like Hugo, Nikola, etc. it is conventional to dump all "static" attachments like images, code files, etc in a fixed "static/" (or something like that) in the blog structure. So it is very common to have all static links begin with "/path/to/blog/root/static/" for a blog. (That's exactly the #+HTML_LINK_ROOT I mentioned earlier.) -- Kaushal Modi