* Regression in org-table-recalculate-buffer-tables and #+startup: shrink [devel branch]
@ 2019-04-22 20:40 Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2019-04-22 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list

Lately (past week), I have noticed a failure for all functions to run from
my org-mode-hook, because I got an error like:

    File mode specification error: (user-error Not at a table)

This error happens if:

1. I call M-x org-table-recalculate-buffer-tables (I have that function in
my org-mode-hook).
2. The Org buffer has #+startup: shrink, and
3. An Org table with column width cookies has #+caption.

Here's a minimal reproducible example:

=====
#+title: User-error when trying to recalculate tables in buffer with shrink
enabled
#+startup: shrink

#+caption: Foo
| <25> |
| Foo  |
=====

1. Save above to an Org file, close and reopen that file so that #+startup
gets evaluated.
2. M-x org-table-recalculate-buffer-tables and you will get the
"user-error: Not at a table" error.

Interestingly, this error does not show up if simply that #+caption line is
removed.

I believe that this commit caused this regression:
https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/commit/222408d70a3674f06ddd6b77e4e1126c602e7361
.

Org mode version 9.2.3 (release_9.2.3-336-g09a1a2 @
/home/kmodi/usr_local/apps/6/emacs/master/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/)

Thanks!

--
Kaushal Modi

* Re: Regression in org-table-recalculate-buffer-tables and #+startup: shrink [devel branch]
@ 2019-04-23  8:37 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2019-04-23  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi; +Cc: emacs-org list

Hello,

Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> writes:

> Lately (past week), I have noticed a failure for all functions to run from
> my org-mode-hook, because I got an error like:
>
>     File mode specification error: (user-error Not at a table)
>
> This error happens if:
>
> 1. I call M-x org-table-recalculate-buffer-tables (I have that function in
> my org-mode-hook).
> 2. The Org buffer has #+startup: shrink, and
> 3. An Org table with column width cookies has #+caption.
>
> Here's a minimal reproducible example:
>
> =====
>
> #+title: User-error when trying to recalculate tables in buffer with shrink
> enabled
>
> #+startup: shrink
>
> #+caption: Foo
> | <25> |
>
> | Foo  |
> =====
>
> 1. Save above to an Org file, close and reopen that file so that #+startup
> gets evaluated.
> 2. M-x org-table-recalculate-buffer-tables and you will get the
> "user-error: Not at a table" error.

Fixed. Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Regression in org-table-recalculate-buffer-tables and #+startup: shrink [devel branch]
@ 2019-04-23 11:52   ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2019-04-23 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi, emacs-org list