On Thu, Apr 7, 2022 at 12:30 PM William Denton wrote: > I'm using macros to format names in a LaTeX export, like so: > > on export and LaTeX will format it. That works fine. But in an index of > names, > if I want > > {{{m(Denton, William)}}} > > then Org takes that as two arguments to the macro, and outputs > > \m{Denton} > > Is there a way to get around this? > The comma needs to be backslash escaped. {{{m(Denton\, William)}}} Ref: (org) Macro Replacement > (1) Since commas separate the arguments, commas within arguments have to be escaped with the backslash character. So only those backslash characters before a comma need escaping with another backslash character.