On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 10:44 AM Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > Uwe Brauer writes: > > > This is the patch I applied and tested? If so, I think it is a very good > > thing and should be in master. > > This is the same patch, along with the complete removal of old column > narrowing using width cookies. > The feature works nicely as explained, but please do not remove the width cookie! The new feature supports only completely hiding a column. But what we lose by removal of width cookie is: - Ability to truncate text in columns to a particular width (like 10) so that I can at least know what the content of that cell is about. And then to edit the cell, I would do C-c ` (org-table-edit-field). This is very useful for cells with verbose texts. That way, I can fit all the columns in a single screen width. - Also heavily missed will be retaining the narrowed/hidden state of the columns. -- Kaushal Modi