On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 9:22 AM Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > (let ((no-thrill (lambda (o c _) (or c (org-element-property :value > o))))) > (org-export-create-backend > :parent 'ascii ;or `hugo', depending on what you mean > :transcoders (mapcar (lambda (type) (cons type no-thrill)) > '(bold code italic strike-through underline > verbatim)))) > > Five locs. Not bad either. > Thank you. That also looks a cleaner way to implement what I want. You're basically describing `ox-ascii' with stripped emphasis markers. > Exactly. That's why I suggested extending ox-ascii from this "raw" backend. At this point, I'm not convinced we need this in Org proper. > That's understood. No problem. The snippet you suggested above serves the purpose very well for now. Thanks! -- Kaushal Modi