Hello, I believe the info plist should be used ideally, but I cannot figure out how to tap in new information or update existing information in the `info' channel used throughout the exporter. Here's an example: (1) I am saving the "description" Special Block content to a global var org-hugo--description: (defun org-hugo-special-block (special-block contents info) (let ((block-type (org-element-property :type special-block)) (contents (org-trim contents))) (cond ((string= block-type "description") (setq org-hugo--description contents) nil) ;; -- snip -- ))) (2) Then I am retrieving that saved variable inside a nested function call in org-hugo-body-filter, where I use it as: (or org-hugo--description (org-string-nw-p (plist-get info :description))) I know that this is very ugly, but it works. Now I am looking for a way to optimize this bit of code.. to figure out how to add/update :description in the `info' channel from within org-hugo-special-block. That way I need to do just the below inside org-hugo-body-filter: (org-string-nw-p (plist-get info :description)) Thank you. Full code: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kaushalmodi/ox-hugo/master/ox-hugo.el -- Kaushal Modi