On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 6:16 PM Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > > AFAICT, there is no place in the manual that explains what is the > RESULTS keyword OK, may be that's the first step :) and under what circumstances it could be useful to write > it manually. > No, I wasn't suggesting a use case where someone writes the #+RESULTS: contents manually. Here's what can happen though: A user could have this to begin with: ===== #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp (message "Hello") #+END_SRC #+RESULTS: : Hello | some | thing | important | ===== Then for whatever reason, they choose to delete the RESULTS manually.. and the blank line after that too! ===== #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp (message "Hello") #+END_SRC #+RESULTS: | some | thing | important | ===== Now C-c C-c in the src block will wipe out the user-entered table! ===== #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp (message "Hello") #+END_SRC #+RESULTS: : Hello ===== That's why I proposed earlier to wrap the Org generated results in something like #+begin_results/#+end_results. That way, Org is always sure that what it's deleting/overwriting is not user-entered data. The current behavior is risky, or at least should somehow be documented. -- Kaushal Modi